What are the different LD5 operating modes?
Different operating modes are available depending on the hardware variant of LD5 in use.
LD5-A variants provide QC, LD5 and MAINT mode.
LD5-B variants provide QC and LD5 mode.
LD5-C variants provide LD5 mode only. As such this FAQ is not applicable for LD5-C variants.
The Operating Mode configuration is accessed by selecting Config > Config.
- The LD5 mode should be selected when Verify QC is not in use and the LD5 is being used in "Black Box" mode or using VERIPOS Orion software. It is intended for standalone operation and enables the output of up to 2 independent NMEA data strings.
- The QC mode must be used when the LD5 is interfaced to an external computer running the VERIPOS Verify QC software application and the application is utilising GNSS data from the LD5. Some LD5 features are unavailable in this mode. (See notes below)
- The "Maint" mode is used for maintenance and is only available on LD5-A variants.
Note: Users should only select this option if directed to do so by a VERIPOS engineer.
QC mode should only be selected when the LD5 is supplying GNSS Raw data into Verify QC.
If Verify QC is using GNSS Raw data from a different unit and the LD5 is only used as an additional source of correction data, then the LD5 mode should be selected.
When the LD5 is supplying GNSS Raw data to Verify QC, a bi-diectional communications port on the GNSS receiver must be dedicated to this task. Since this port is unavailable for other purposes, some features are unavailable when the "QC" mode is selected:
- The secondary NMEA position output (GNSS NMEAb) is unavailable.
- External RTCM data (Ext RTCM) may not be input to the internal position solution.
- If an MF Beacon module is installed, its corrections cannot be applied to the internal position solution.
(The MF RTCM data may still be output for use in Verify QC.)