How do I check the GNSS tracking capabilities of my LD6 version 8 or 50?
Note that these steps are only applicable for LD6 versions 8 or 50. If required see How do I tell which version of LD6 I have?
To check the GNSS tracking capabilities on the GNSS receiver in the LD6 IMU follow the steps below:
This guide assumes the user has a computer with Septentrio RX Tools installed.
Change following settings on LD6 to connect to RX control.
- From the LD6 Home Page select Settings > IO and scroll through the ports to see if GNSS1 Config is configured. If GNSS1 Config is not configured, scroll to an unassigned port click Next, select Source: GNSS and Data: Config click Next, select the appropriate line standard for connection and click Next, set Baud rate to 11520 data bits (D) to 8 parity (P)to none(N) and stop bits(S) to 1. Hit Finish and then Yes on the summary screen.
- When you have installed the RX tools software you can retrieve the report file by following the steps below.
- Start Septentrio RXControl:
- The receiver may try and use the last serial port. If this is not correct select Cancel Connection:
- Select File > Change Connection
- You can use either Serial or Ethernet connection (TCP/IP) to connect LD6.
- For Serial select Serial Connection, then from the dropdown list select Create New:
- Select Next and the following window will appear:
- Select the desired Serial Port, enter a connection name the click Finish. Now RxControl should connect to the receiver.
- For Ethernet (TCP/IP) select TCP/IP Connection, then from the drop down list select Create New:
- The following window will appear. Input the Receiver Address of the LAN port of the LD6 which the PC is connected to, enter '9013' for Receiver Port Number and enter a Connection Name.
Note: If Receiver Port Number is not displayed click Work Offline. From the main menu select File > Preferences and tick the box for Show port number for TCP/IP connections then repeat steps above.
- Click Finish. RxControl should connect to the receiver.
- The software will now connect to the receiver.
- Select File > Display Diagnostic Report:
- The following window will appear:
- To view permissions Click IstInternalFile, Permissions to view GNSS permissions.
- To save Diagnostic report for Upgrade select Save to PDF:
- If IstInternalFile, Permissions is selected the page will go to this section below shows GNSS tracking capabilities as highlighted below.
- If enabled it will show “Enabled” if not enable will show “Not Permitted” as highlighted below: