Configuring a Verify DP Heading input through USB
To configure VerifyDP to show the vessel heading it is required to perform configuration to both the LD2 and the VerifyDP visualisation. To input the data through the USB port a USB to Serial converter is required. Contact VERIPOS for approved converters.
The LD2 will heading information should be input through a HDT NMEA telegram.
The steps are split into two sections;
- Setting up the LD2 unit
- Setting up the VerifyDP software
A. Settings on the LD2 for USB connection:
- Connect the USB to Serial converter to the USB port of the LD2 unit highlighted below.
- Connect the serial connector to the USB to serial converter.
- Setup the GYRO input on the USB port.
Follows steps below:
Repeatedly press *Page* until the screen bellow shows *Configuration* and press *Enter*:
Press *Page* twice and the screen will change to Serial Port and press *Enter*:
Press *Page* until USB1 shows
Press *Toggle* until the GYRO IN shows then *Enter*. *Toggle* the correct baud rate and *Enter*
B. Settings on the Verify-DP
- Select “Settings” menu from the top menu and later select “Admin Settings” menu.
- The password box will appear. Type the password MK5open and press “OK” button. The correct password adds “Admin” menu to the top menu panel.
- Select “Admin” from the top menu and select “Configuration”
- This will open the following dialog:
- Right Click on Data Decoders and select Add
- The following box will appear. Enter Name as HDT select Type HDT and enter the port as 4997
- Click OK. Close the configuration window
- Power Cycle the LD2 otherwise the USB connection will fail to establish