How do I configure the LD7 as an RTK Base Station?
This guide details the steps to output RTK corrections on Com3 of the LD7 unit.
Note: When using the LD7 as an RTK Base Station DO NOT use the LD7 Web Browser (detailed in the operations manual) as the settings will be overwritten. RTK can be output only from COM3 of LD7.
To carry out this procedure the user will need:
- LD7 IMU
- PC with available serial port and Ethernet Port
- Web Browser (preferably Google Chrome)
To enable the LD7 as an RTK Base Station follow the steps below:
- Attach the LD7 Ethernet port to the PC IF the IP address is unknown please refer to FAQ How do I check the IP address of my LD7?.
- Open the web browser (Chrome) and enter the IP Address of the LD7 into the Address bar (default IP address is 192.168.2.126). The following window should appear:
- Enter the Unit Code of the LD7 being configured and click OK. The LD7 IO window will appear:
- Scroll down and locate the IP address of the GNSS receiver and close the web browser.
- Open the web browser (Chrome) and enter the IP Address of the GNSS receiver found from previous step into the Address bar and the window below should open:
- Select the configuration tab along the top of this page and the window below should be displayed:
- Along the left column select Communication > Input/Output Selection the window below should be displayed:
- Tick the option in COM3 for CMRV2 and click OK. (Only Com3 of LD7 can be used to output RTK corrections)
- Along the left column select COM Port Settings:
- Check the baud rate for COM3 and set to desired baud rate for corrections (Example shows 115200) and click OK.
- From the Left column select Communication > Output Settings > Differential Corrections CMRv2. The window below should be displayed:
- Set the Reference ID (between 1 and 31), Data intervals and Output Selection on COM3 (Example shows Reference station = 5 / Intervals = 1Sec / Output selection = CMR0, CMR1 and CMR3 output on COM3).
- Click OK.
Setting the Receiver into RTK Base Mode
- From the left column select Navigation > Positioning Mode > PVT Mode:
- Set Mode to Static.
- Select static position from Auto, Geodetic 1–5 or Cartesian 1-4.
- Unless using Auto (above) enter antenna coordinates into the Geodetic or Cartesian box that was selected in Static position (step 16).
- Click OK.
- Ensure the Mode along the top of the page shows Fixed as below:
- Once finished save the config by selecting Receiver > Administration > Copy Configuration > Source > Current Target > Boot (Select OK).
Note: If the desired RTCM type for RTK is not CMRv2 the LD7 has the option of outputting RTCMv2. In order to do so you will have to do the following:
In Step 8 instead or choosing CMRv2 select RTCMv2.
In Step 11 from the Left column select Communication > Output Settings > Differential Corrections > RTCMv2:
In Step 12 set the Reference ID, Data intervals and Output Selection on COM3.
For RTK with RTCMv2 it is recommended that RTCM3 RTCM18|19 and RTCM22 be ticked.
Once finished save the config by selecting Receiver > Administration > Copy Configuration > Source > Current Target > Boot (Select OK).