How do I configure the LD7 as an RTK Rover?
This guide details the steps to setup the LD7 as an RTK Rover by inputting RTK corrections on Com3 of the LD7 unit (only Com3 of LD7 used for RTK Rover input).
To carry out this procedure the user will need:
- LD7 IMU
- PC with available serial port and Ethernet Port
- Web Browser (preferably Google Chrome)
- Terminal Software (such as HyperTerminal or Vio)
To enable the LD7 as an RTK Rover follow the steps below:
- Connect the LD7 Ethernet port to the PC.
- Open the web browser (Chrome) and enter the IP Address of the LD7 into the Address bar (default IP address is 192.168.2.126). The following window should appear:
- Enter the Unit Code of the LD7 being configured and click OK. The LD7 IO window will appear:
- Set Com3 to CMR in or RTCM in depending on the type of RTK corrections and set the baud rate to the same as the RTK correction source and click Apply:
- The browser should send the commands and report Success.
- Click on the GNSS Tab and tick the RTK box in Positioning Mode and hit apply:
- Check the NMEA output from the LD7 unit (Com1 or Com2) and ensure the receiver is using the RTK corrections by checking the DQI (2, 4 or 5) and reporting the correct station ID (dictated by the incoming correction reference ID):