How do I set my LD7 to output 5Hz on com1 and com 2?
Establishing Network Connection with LD7 Unit
- To configure an output of 5Hz on both com1 and com2 you must first establish a connection to the LD7 unit via your LAN connection.
Note: For assistance with connecting the LD7 to a PC refer to FAQ How do I Configure my PC to connect my LD7?
LD7 Unit Web Interface
- Open your web browser (the web interface has been designed to run with Google Chrome), to navigate to the LD7 configuration page enter the IP Address of the LD7 into the address bar (if the IP address of the LD7 is unknown refer to FAQ How do I check the IP address of my LD7?).
- Enter the 5 digit User Code from the front of the unit and click OK:
- Click the Tab LD7 IO in the subheading Serial Set COM1 to NMEAa and Baud to 115200. Set COM2 to NMEAb and Baud to 115200. Set COM3 data to GNSS and Baud to 115200:
Note: Other baud rates may be used for Com1 and Com2, but take care when selecting other baud rates to ensure the outputted data bit per second does not exceed the desired baud rate.
- Click Apply under Serial and wait for Success message to show on the top of the page.
- Click the GNSS tab and select required NMEA messages to be output on each NMEAa and NMEAb by ticking the related boxes:
Note: NMEA messages must be selected prior to changing out put rate to 5Hz. Any changes after set 5Hz will revert the output rate back to 1Hz.
- Click Apply. Once again scroll to the top and wait for the Success message.
- Connect COM3 of the LD7 unit to a free COM port on your PC and launch RX Control software (available from VERIPOS Support).
- Select the radio button for Serial Connection and select Create New from the drop down menu and click Next:
- Select the Serial port on your PC that you interfaced with the LD7 unit and enter a Connection name:
- Click Finish and wait for a connection to be established.
- Once a connection has been established go to the top menu and select Communications > Output Settings > NMEA Output...:
- Set the Interval on Stream 1 and Stream 4 to 200msec. Then click apply and OK:
In this example we have used Stream 1 which is NMEAa on COM 1 of LD7 and Stream 4 which is NMEAb on COM 2 of LD7.
The below table gives information about the different Streams of RX control relates to LD7 com port messages:
- Go to File > Copy Configuration...:
- Set Source to Current and Target to Boot. Then click Apply followed by OK:
- Close Rx Control. The device should now be configured with a 5Hz output on COM1 and COM2.
To Change Output back to a 1 HZ Output
- In order to set the output back to a rate of 1Hz, Open your web browser, to navigate to the LD7 configuration page enter the IP Address of the LD7 into the address bar.
- Enter the User Code from the front of the unit and click OK.
- Click on the LD7 IO, subheading Serial click the Apply button. After the Success message is shown the outputs will be set back to a rate of 1Hz.