A critical operation is planned for later today. What preparations can I make within Verify-QC? After changing the L-band beam my RTCM station list is not fully populated, why is this? Does Verify-QC configure all my LD2/LD2S settings or are some manual entries required? How can I obtain a manual for Verify-QC v1.20? How do I add non-VERIPOS RTCM stations to the Verify-QC software? How do I archive data in Verify-QC? How do I check the version number of my Verify QC software? How do I configure an NTRIP RTCM input in Verify QC? How do I configure Verify QC to compute an Apex (Apex2) solution How do I configure Verify QC to compute an Ultra or Ultra2 solution? How do I extend the duration of or upgrade my Verify-QC dongle? How do I log RINEX data using the Verify-QC software? How do I setup Apex as backup within Verify QC? How do I upgrade my verify QC? How to Import Verify QC Config Files from a USB to an LD6 If I have too many windows open in Verify-QC, could this cause my computer to crash? I have rebooted my LD2, connected to Verify QC using the Ethernet Port and GNSS Rx in Calculation Status has turned red and stayed red. How do I get it green again? Tides - Can I change between Ultra and Apex? Tides - Can I use the Tides information in real-time? Tides - (How) does the Tides calculation compensate for Heave, Pitch and Roll? Tides - How do I configure and View Tides in Verify QC? Tides - How do I convert from MSS Tides to LAT? Tides - How do I know that MSS Tide and Geoid Tide give representative results? Tides - How do I know that the Tides calculation is giving continuous results? Tides-If I restart QC does Tides restart? Tides - We are leaving the work area to make a port call, should I reset Tides? Tides - What Antenna Height should be measured and what accuracy is required? Is this value fixed for the duration of a survey or should it be updated? Tides - What is the vertical reference for the VERIPOS Tides estimates? Tides-When will tides reset? Tides - Where can I find the Tides logging files? Verify-QC for LD6 Version User Manual Verify-QC v1.20 User Manual We have moved to a new area. Why am I not receiving corrections in Verify-QC? What are the new features of Verify-QC v1.20? What are the recommendations concerning Ultra Backup Positions in Verify-QC? What Geoid model is used within the Verify-QC software? What GNSS receivers does the Verify-QC software support? What is the current release verison of the Verify-QC software and where can I get a copy? What is the minimum specification for a PC to run Verify-QC? Is Windows Vista or Windows 7 supported? What is the purpose of the Tides function in Verify-QC? What is the Vio application included with Verify-QC and how can I use it? When I try to start Verify-QC, I receive a warning message about the dongle. What can I do? Why am I not receiving all the expected reference stations in Verify-QC? Why can’t Verify-QC compute an Ultra Position? Why is “Config” missing from my main menu in Verify-QC? Why is one section of the RINEX logging menu of Verify QC greyed out?
Tides - How do I configure and View Tides in Verify QC?
This quick guide details the steps required to enable and configure the Verify Tides Module in Verify QC 1.12A (or later).
If using earlier versions please contact VERIPOS for assistance.
- Verify QC must be running with at least one PPP service, such as Ultra, Apex, Ultra2 or Apex2.
- The Verify QC dongle must have the Tides option enabled. (See end of guide for dongle enable process)
Configuring Verify Tides in Verify QC
- Ensure Tides is enabled in Tools > Advanced Options:
- Measure distance between the GNSS antenna and the waterline as accurately as possible.
This offset is required for Geoid tide calculations only and does NOT affect the MSS tide calculations.
- Enter the height difference in Config > Calculation > Settings (height box). At this point also select the required Geoid Model:
Note: If changing this value a warning will appear that this will affect the tides calculation – Click Yes:
- Select Config > Calculation > MSS Tides (the following window will appear):
- Configure Tides in this window by following these steps:
- Browse to the Directory you wish to store the tides logging files.
- Select the PPP solution to be used for the Tides Calculation.
- Select the desired Talker. This affects the talker ID’s within the Tideinfo.txt and Doodson.txt tides files. Choose between VQC and Standard. If Standard is selected, the talker ID will be $UltraTide or $ApexTide, depending on which PPP position is being used for the Tides calculation. If VQC is selected, the talker ID will be VQCnnnTide, where nnn represents the Verify QC version number.
- Select the Interval (this is the averaging period. The recommended default is 10 minutes).
- Select the Time Reference for the Tides records (either Hours:Minutes:Seconds HH:MM:SS or GPS Seconds).
- Only if outputting the tides data to an external device (not just logging data for post-processing), follow these steps also:
- Select the Output Format
- Output on Averaging Period or every second (Output Every Second box)
- Setup output device parameters (serial Port, Server Socket or Datagram)
- Select View > Calculation > Tides (The following window will appear):
Note: Information such as MSS Calculation and certain graphs will not be populated until the Doodson Filter has output an initial MSS value (approximately after 39 hours)
Checking the Dongle status In Verify QC:
- In Verify QC, select Help > Dongle > View
- The following window will appear. Check the Tides Option is ticked:
- If the Tides Option is not ticket select Help > Dongle > Upgrade
The following window will appear:
- Send the 32 bit Status Code to the VERIPOS Helpdesk (firstname.lastname@example.org) and request Tides activation.
- The VERIPOS Helpdesk will provide an upgrade code.
- Select Help > Dongle > Upgrade and paste the upgrade code into the text window. Click Upgrade to apply a new code. A confirmation code will appear, this should be emailed back to the VERIPOS Helpdesk: