What is the Vio application included with Verify-QC and how can I use it?
Vio is a VERIPOS utility program which can be used for logging data and for converting between different types of I/O protocols.
The available input and output protocols are the same as those used in Verify QC. These are described in the Verify QC manual.
Input data from any source may be logged in TXT, binary or the VERIPOS proprietary ALF format.
Input data in any available protocol may be output in any other available protocol.
The following is an example of a typical application:
RTCM data is received by the Verify-QC computer in RS232 serial format. The user wishes to use this data within Verify-QC but also to share it with other computers on the network and with a stand-alone GPS receiver.
- An “IO Join” would be configured in Vio with a “Serial port” input and a “Server Socket” output. This would make the RTCM data available on the network.
- A “Client Socket” RTCM input would be configured in Verify-QC to use the RTCM data from the network.
- Any other computer on the network could utilise the same RTCM data.
- An “IO Join” could be configured in Vio on any computer in the network with a “Client Socket” input and a “Serial port” output. This would provide the data in RS232 format for use in the external receiver.
- If required, any computer on the network could use Vio to log the RTCM data to a file.
Note: Vio is supplied as part of the Verify-QC installation. It does not require a dongle, however, so it may be run on any computer in the network.