Configuring a Verify DP Heading input on PORT3
To configure VerifyDP to show the vessel heading it is required to perform configuration to both the LD2 and the VerifyDP visualisation.
The LD2 will heading information should be input through a HDT NMEA telegram.
The steps are split into two sections;
- Setting up the LD2 unit
- Setting up the VerifyDP software
A. Settings on the LD2 for Port3 connection:
- Connect the Gyro Cable to P3 of the LD2 unit and make sure that the Port 3 Switch on the rear of the LD2 is in the REM I/O Position.
- Setup the GYRO input on the P3 port.
Follows steps below:
Repeatedly press *Page* until the screen bellow shows *Configuration* and press *Enter*:
Press *Page* twice and the screen will change to Serial Port and press *Enter*:
Press *Page* until P3: REMOTE I/O shows
Press *Toggle* until the SKT shows
Press *Enter* the cursor will be in front of the baud rate
Press *Toggle* until the appropriate baud rate shows
Press *Enter* the cursor will be in front of the input’s type
Press *Toggle* until the GYRO IN shows
Press *Enter* followed by *Page*
B. Settings on the Verify-DP
- Select “Settings” menu from the top menu and later select “Admin Settings” menu.
- The password box will appear. Type the password MK5open and press “OK” button. The correct password adds “Admin” menu to the top menu panel.||
- Select “Admin” from the top menu and select “Configuration”
- This will open the following dialog
- Right Click on Data Decoders and select Add
- The following box will appear. Enter Name as HDT select Type HDT and enter the Port as 4990
- Click OK. Close the configuration window