For LD7 What is the expected latency from one PPS to the NMEA ZDA telegram? How do I change my LD7 IP address through USB? How do I check the GNSS receiver firmware version on my LD7? How do I check the IP address of my LD7? How do I configure my LD7 to use the Apex service? How do I Configure my PC to connect my LD7? How do I configure the LD7 as an RTK Base Station? How do I configure the LD7 as an RTK Rover? How do I remove satellites from my LD7 (Septentrio GNSS) for DP Trials? How do I set my LD7 to output 5Hz on com1 and com 2? How do I set my LD7 to output HRP message? I have changed my PPP service and my LD7 solution has become unstable, how do I resolve this? I have just changed beams and my station list is not fully populated why is this? LD7 Installation Manual LD7 Operations Manual LD7 Quick Guide LD7 USB Drivers
How do I change my LD7 IP address through USB?
This guide details the steps required to change the IP address of an LD7 IMU via USB connection.
To carry out this procedure you will need:
- LD7 IMU and associated cabling.
- LD7 USB Serial Port drivers (available at bottom of this article).
- PC with available USB port.
- A terminal program. Note: In this guide, the VERIPOS VIO program is used. Other terminal programs such as Hyperterminal can also be used. The VIO program is part of the Verify-QC software suite. Verify-QC can be downloaded here.
- Install the LD7 USB Serial Port drivers on a PC by double-clicking the .exe file.
- Ensure the LD7 IMU is switched on and the Ethernet/USB Y-cable is connected to the correct port on the rear of the LD7.
- Connect the USB cable to a free USB socket of the PC. When using a Windows XP PC, a prompt may appear asking for drivers to be manually located, select No, not this time:
- In the next window, select Install Software Automatically:
- When drivers have installed correctly, a virtual Serial port will be created on the PC. This is the port which needs to be used to establish the LD7 IMU IP address. To check the COM port number assigned to the virtual serial port, right-click on My Computer and select Manage:
- Select Device Manager then expand the Ports menu. The virtual serial port will be named USB Serial Port (COMxx), xx being the COM number assigned to the port:
- Install the Verify-QC program. This also installs the VIO program which is used for this procedure.
- VIO can be opened via Start > All Programs > Veripos > Verify v1.xx > Launch Vio.
- Go to Config > IO Join > New:
- Configure the VIO input as shown below. Ensure the COM port selected matches the COM number assigned to the virtual serial port.
- Go to View > IO. This opens a terminal view for the connection that has just been configured.
- Right-Click within the IO window and select Send Message:
- In the pop-up window, tick the CR and LF options. In the 'Message' field, enter the command settcpip,type,network,address,netmask then press Send. This command changes the IP settings of the LD7. The example shown in the picture below is for a static network connection. Command used is settcpip,static,,192.168.2.41,255.255.255.0
- The new LD7 IP address will be applied after reboot: